Monday, July 2, 2007

Zack is Back!

Just thought you all should know that Zack is back from deployment. He had duty on his first day home, which meant staying on the ship, but he got to spend the next two days home... mostly... He spent them unpacking and organizing the house. He likes things more organized than I do. I like that he organizes it himself. Everyone's happy. :-)
Dory thinks she's won the lottery.
Also, we bought a wii. I will probably be writing less often as I am now addicted to boxing. Way too cool.
So today Zack went back to work and so did I. I'm going to be subbing for a class that another friend of mine usually teaches once a week. It's 14 adults, mostly women, who basically want a chance to practice their English. They choose a topic to discuss, or I offer one up, and they talk for two hours. I help them when they need it and explain the occasional English phrase. Then they pay me for my help. It's a great job, so I'm very happy to be subbing. I can also guess that Karla (the normal teacher) will be leaving before me, so it may be an in road to teaching it permanently later.
Not much else going on here, but I think that's enough. :-)

2 comments:

erica said...

I'm glad you have your husband home! I can't imagine what it must be like to be separated for long stretches of time like that, but you guys seem to be handling it really well. =)

Enjoy your Wii, too!

Tucker said...

A Wii?? I'm so jealous. I totally can't blame you if you stop blogging as often now. =P The boxing game sounds really fun, though I haven't tried it yet. I just tried out the dirt car racing one...Don and I looked like idiots in the store demo because it took us forever to realize that you hold the controller like a car steering wheel. sheesh. =P
Tell Zack hi for me!