Thursday, September 13, 2007

Camera Eye's View

I finally got around to uploading pictures from my super cool brand new camera today and I realized I had pictures of several things that I never mentioned in writing. So here's what the camera says I've done:



This is the hotel that is located near Hario housing where Zack and I went to get this lovely foot massage.













ILC had it's first meeting of this year. ILC stands for International Ladies Club, or may be International Lady's Club, either way I'm officially a member now. It consists of five other clubs: four Japanese groups and Officer's Spouse's Club, to which I also belong. Each club hosts two meetings a year and then they take two months off. This meeting was hosted by one of the Japanese groups, who taught us to tie furoshiki (pronounced fu-row-shkey), which are basically decorative scarves. They can be made into hats or bags, as modeled by the lovely woman in the picture, and are also often used as wrapping when Japanese people give gifts, and to wrap up lunch to take to work or school. I got one as a door prize, so I'll have to practice.

Then there are a few shots of Dory destroying a toy I bought her. The only toy she still owns is the first one I ever got her. She's destroyed everything else I've bought her, and monkey ball is also loosing all resemblance to either a monkey or a ball lately. So I bought her a new one hoping to replace the old guy, but it wasn't constructed like the old one, and in literally an hour (I timed her), it looked like this: There's a reason Zack calls her Ripper. The thing in front is the rattle that used to be in the toy's head. By the end of that day, she had pulled out all of the legs and unraveled them and even gone so far as to attempt to take the fuzz off the tenis ball part. I guess the toy hunt is still on. At least she liked it, right?

Anyway, the rest of the pictures are of a trip to Kumamoto I took which deserves it's own post, so there will be more coming soon, I promise.


No comments: