Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Fan Dance

After our college friends left, we had exactly three days to clean up and reset before Zack's bestest friends since forever arrived. During their stay, I had the chance to go to another International Ladies Club event. The cultural show for the event was a fan dance, and the guys kindly agreed to find their own lunch one day so I could go and check it out.
The fan dance turned out to be three fan dances, all performed by foreigners who are taking classes while they're here in Japan. The first dance was for men and performed by a guy from Norway. He was very nervous, but very good. In addition to twirling fans, he had a staff that he twirled around, and his was probably the most energic of the dances.

Then came a young American girl who performed a dance that I presume is in a style meant for women. She also did very well. Her dance was much more subdued, but very pretty.

Finally, two girls from... okay yeah I forgot where they're from, but they performed another version of a fan dance which was more playful in tone. These two girls seemed the least nervous and they were also very fun to watch.


Posted by Picasa
So a good time was had by all, and I'm glad I went. The guys used their free time to discover a wonderful restaurant that used to be called Hokka Hokka Tei, but for legal reasons is now called Hotto Motto. It's their new favorite, so I would say it was a good day for all of us.

1 comment:

Larissa said...

So, in my internet explorer favorites I have the blogs I read and I go down the list several times a day. Lana was sitting with me today and saw this post for the 100th time this week and she said, "Mom, you like that guy in a dress, don't you?"
Hope everything is going well!