Tuesday, January 20, 2009

More to come...

I have a ton of updating to do on this blog, I know. There's the ILC and OSC events to talk about, plus another really cool baby shower and some general baby stuff. But first, I really need to brag.
Yesterday, I finished my master's degree. Today I got grades back on my last two major assignments and I can now say with some certainty (though the final grade hasn't actually come through, the numbers are pretty clear) that I managed not only to complete it, but to get through the whole thing with straight A's. I am wandering around my living room doing the happy dance!
It feels really really really (add a few more there if you like) good to be done! The degree is a Masters of Arts (Education) in Curriculum and Instruction with a concentration in English as a Second Language. In normal people language, I studied how to put together the information that is taught in a class and how to teach it effectively with special emphasis on how to best help students who are not yet fluent in English. I think I've earned my break from academia... and a trip to the Steak Salon (the reallly nice steak house here) to celebrate...

1 comment:

erica said...

Congrats on finishing your degree! What an impressive thing, especially since you did it from Japan and finished while pregnant. =) I'm just catching up on your blog-- I have a huge backlog in my Google Reader, but I'm glad to be reading your stuff again. Fun travels, and I can't wait to see a belly pic.