Sunday, April 12, 2009

Ela's First Easter

I swear I'll stop titling evering "Ela's first..." soon... may be...
Anyway, on Saturday, the base threw a very exciting event that they do around Easter every year called "Kidzfest," which is always attended by the Easter Bunny. Kidzfest takes place in Nimitz Park so that Japanese people can easily come, too. I've only ever walked through before, not having the requisite kids to make it interesting, but this year, we got Ela dressed up in the one shirt that she owns with a bunny on it, and we went to get some pictures. So here she is:

Sunday, we had to get up early for choir practice before church. I didn't trust her to stay clean until after the service, so I snapped a few quick shots before we left:

And after church we went to not one, but two picnics back in the park. The weather couldn't have been better; it was sunny with a nice breeze that showered us in cherry blossoms as we ate. Ela chilled out in the grass and got some fresh air.


All in all, it's been a lovely day.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Hello Anne,
You do not know me but I found your blog as I was aimlessly searching for any information on Sasebo I could get from a military spouses prospective. My family will be moving there this summer. I have learned a lot about the area and things I need to consider. I also realized your husband is a Supply Officer, my husband is too. He will be the new SUPPO on the USS ESSEX. When will you guys rotate out? I know you have been there a few years now so it should not be too much longer.
Congratulations on your new beautiful baby girl. I am sure she will bring lots of joy and happiness to the two of you.
I wanted to drop you a note to say "Thank You" for your wonderful blog. I hope I will have the opportunity to meet you and your family once we move to Sasebo.
My husband will be arriving the middle of May and my daughter,
15 years old, and myself will be arriving May 22nd for 2 weeks.
We will be returning to the States until August. We figure it may take that long to get a house on base and my husband will not be around so we will spend the summer visiting friends and relatives for 2 months.
If you have time, I know you are a very busy person, I would love to hear from you.
My name is Katrina Luksovsky.
My e mail address is
kluksovsky@yahoo.com

Sincerely,
Katrina

Unknown said...

You won't stop labeling events as first for a long time.......... I am still doing that with patrick and he just turned two~