Sunday, January 31, 2010

Celebration

Last Friday was a big day for Zack. It was his first full day as a 30 year old, and he also had his promotion ceremony. In the grand tradition of Zack's naval career thus far, it was super cold outside. Luckily, this ceremony was inside, so Ela and I got all bundled up and went down to the Navy Yards to be a part of it. First, Zack took the oath promising to uphold the constitution.



Then I got to put the new pins denoting his rank on his collar.



Then there was cake for everyone, including Ela.





That evening, we left Ela with our extremely kind cousins for the night and went out to celebrate Zack's birthday. We had dinner, then came home for more cake!




The cake was a banana split cake that I made. It came out mushy despite the toothpick being clean when I checked it, so I don't know what was up with that, but it was good. It was a really fun day, and we're very proud of Zack.



No comments: