Saturday, April 9, 2011

Ela's New Friend

The hardest part about making this monkey was putting all the pieces together. Ela got ahold of her head before I finished assembling her and fell in love, and every time I'd get her out to stitch on an arm, I'd have to keep her hidden lest she go play. Ela christened her "Big Girl" for awhile (she doesn't really name things), but I don't think she calls her that anymore, just Monkey. I also finished the scarf I was knitting, and started another knitting project that I really do expect to take forever. I've decided that currently crochet is the better craft for me because 1) doing anything other than flat work requires so much stuff for knitting (extra needles, markers, whatever), and I don't really want to invest in all that stuff just now and 2) Ela takes such an interest in my projects. If she takes my hook out of my crocheting, no problem. If she takes my work off a knitting needle, it's a big problem. At any rate, I doubt I'll be doing much in the way of crafty stuff in another month. I'll have my hands full. I'm glad I got the monkey finished before then!

No comments: