Monday, September 29, 2008

Going Home

Zack saw the doctor again today, and they did the x-ray thing again. Apparently, we've done something right because the leg is still looking good to continue without a cast or surgery. He's also made excellent progress with the physical therapy. Last week, he could barely bend the knee without pain. Now, he can bend up to 90 degrees without any pain, so that's good stuff. They still don't want him to put any weight on it for at least another 8 weeks, but we're cleared to go home!
So tomorrow we'll check out of the hotel and head back home! We're getting down to the exciting business of informing all the appropriate people of our return so that we get transportation and set up a new routine to fit with the injury. Zack will keep going to therapy in Sasebo and get his weekly x-rays there. I see a lot of new chauffering in my future, but I guess I should get used to that anyway. :-)

1 comment:

Alice said...

I'm so glad that he is ok!