Monday, July 27, 2009

The Aquarium

Recently, at a friend's house, Ela discovered guppies. She watched them as if she had never seen anything more interesting. I promptly decided a trip to an aquarium was important. Lucky for me, they've just renovated the aquarium in Sasebo, and it reopened last week. So a couple of us went to check it out. For a small town aquarium, it had a lot of neat stuff, like this turtle, which was bigger than Ela:

Ela was fasicnated by all the fish...

They even had 3 dolphins (two bottle nose, one other type), and they do shows every so often. This dolphin was doing a flip in mid-air.

And, since jellyfish are pretty common in the waters around Sasebo, they had a whole room devoted to jellyfish.

We had a great time, and I was delighted to discover that a year pass costs a little more than two trips, so I'll be getting a year pass next time we need something to do with our afternoon...
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

emily said...

I think this is totally going to sound like cyber stalking, but I swear I'm not!
This is Emily Morgan, I saw your profile on the ADHS reunion page, so I came over to your blog. Your baby is super cute.
I just wanted to say hi, and of course I was curious about your life now. So how is life?
My email - emorgan05@gmail.com

erica said...

So cool-- I'm glad Ela enjoyed looking at all the nifty animals. =) Finding places like that to chill with your baby is essential!!