Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Good News

I've been trying for several days now to talk the ultrasound I scanned into a format that would post on the blog. No luck. I've scanned it twice, and still can't change it into anything workable. Instead, you'll just have to take my word for it that I'm pregnant and delighted! :-)
I'm about 11 weeks along now, and while I really am thrilled, it's been tough to be possitive lately because the morning sickness, which started around 7 or 8 weeks, has been terrible. I'm nauseous pretty much all the time. The ultrasound and clean bill of health from the last doctor appointment helped keep things in perspective. Baby is healthy, growing, and actually looks like a baby in the pictures, which is nice. All the same, the not being able to eat can get stressful. I worry because I'm losing weight still, and I really should start gaining sometime soon, but then the stress of it just makes it that much harder to eat.
Yesterday was a particularly bad day. Most days, I wake up feeling okay and get to feeling yucky around noon, then just get worse all evening. Yesterday, I woke up feeling terrible and had trouble eating breakfast, much less lunch or dinner. I struggled through a much-needed trip to the grocery store, and that was pretty much all I could handle all day. Zack had a long day, too, and was not exactly thrilled to come home to groceries still in the bags (don't worry, I put away the cold stuff), and nothing set up for dinner but rice (I knew he had leftovers available). He's very supportive, though, and we muddled through the evening.
As we got into bed, Zack suggested that may be I'd feel better tomorrow if I took Ela on a little outing to a park or something. This is a very good suggestion because 1) I get crabby really fast if I stay in the house too many days in a row and 2) exercise and fresh air have been helping with the morning sickness. I agreed with the suggestion and then pointed out that I had gotten out of the house that day.
Me: Granted, the grocery store isn't exactly a stress-free environment for me these days.
Zack: You talk about it like it's the sixth circle of hell or something.
I laughed.
Zack (imitating me): Oh Zack, it was so horrible! There was FOOD everywhere!
This got both of us going in a giggle fit (quietly so we wouldn't wake up Ela). It also reminded me that if the worst thing I have to complain about is that I have to buy food, I really have it pretty good. So having enjoyed a good laugh and a session of blessing counting, I went to bed in a much better mood.
Still not feeling great this morning, but it's so worth it!

2 comments:

Allison said...

Yay!!! Congratulations Anne!! I always heard that morning sickness subsides at 12 weeks, so maybe you'll only have one more week of this bad feeling. So happy for you!

Danielle said...

Congratulations!! Hope this morning sickness goes away fast. I like your blog's new look.