Friday, October 15, 2010

Pittsburgh

Last weekend, we headed to Pittsburgh for a family reunion. I've said this to a few people and regularly gotten the reply, "I didn't know you were from Pittsburgh." I'm not. Our family is rather large, and all of us cousins grew up in somewhat different areas, so we don't go "home" for a reunion. I don't really know where I'm from. It depends on the day. Anyway, some of my cousins are currently living in Pittsburgh, and they volunteered to host the rest of us. So a bunch of us cousins, aunts, uncles, and so on gathered for a fun weekend.
We got there Friday night in time to have dinner. Ela even got to sit at the "big kid" table.

I think she was a tiny bit intimidated by all the kids, but she seemed to have a good time anyway. And she got to see Phoebe, who is one of her favorite people to see in pictures now, so that was awesome in her book. :-) She fell recently and gave herself a black eye, and over the weekend, Danny had a little spill and ended up with stitches, so we kind of looked like the walking wounded (or riding wounded?) as we wandered around on Saturday doing our sightseeing.

Here's our "look, we were really there!" shot.

After that, I kind of got caught up in chatting with people I haven't seen in forever, and forgot I had a camera, but we enjoyed a ducky ride (Ela enjoyed a ducky nap), and a trip to the science museum before dinner at the Hofbrau Haus (we're German and proud). Sunday we had to head on home to pick up the dog, but it was an excellent trip, and a great chance to see everyone!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: