Saturday, March 19, 2011

Girl's Weekend

Last weekend, Ela and I went to the annual Girl's Weekend hosted by my Mom for the ladies of our family. We leave our poor men at home (and often the kids, too) and hang out for a weekend. It's nice to reconnect with our family like that. There's lots of talking, eating and laughing.
This year, Mom's celebrating a big birthday (I won't say which one, just that she looks a lot younger), so we rented a beach house in Holden Beach, NC, for girl's weekend and took our show on the road. It wasn't exactly sunbathing weather, but it was nice enough to go out and get a little sun and enjoy the feeling of being at the beach, which everyone associates with vacation and relaxation. Ela wanted to "see the water" all the time.

She also learned the value of sunglasses.


It was a really nice break for me, too, because she spent a lot of time playing with her family.









Ela and her second cousin Sammy (who she called "Sandy" by the end of the weekend) were good friends all weekend long, too. I loved having the time to visit with family who I don't see nearly often enough. Also, this was my last trip out of town before the baby arrives in May, so I enjoyed the chance to get away and just relax. It was a delightful time for all of us.

No comments: