Friday, March 25, 2011

Spring Fever Meets Third Trimester

As the weather has gradually gotten warmer around here, Ela and I have been enjoying more and more chances to get outside and do, well, anything. We play in her sandbox, take her for rides on her tricycle (which she just sits on and I push), and we've even made it to the park once. Last weekend, I got really enthusiastic about the nice weather we'd been having and reorganized my clothes, winter out, summer in, which was quite a process since I keep it sorted by maternity (what I can wear now) and regular (what I hope to be wearing by mid-summer). I wanted to do Ela's drawers, too, but I didn't get that far. I'm glad about that now, though, since it's a bit colder again this week. She can keep on wearing her long sleeved stuff, and I just pull sweaters from my closet, where they live year round.
Not getting as far as I expect is kind of a common trend for me just now. Baby is getting quite bulky, and I wear out much faster than I used to. Since the last week or so was pretty busy, I'm purposefully taking it slow this week, mostly hanging out at home, but the weather was begging me to get out and do things, and the contrast between what I want to do and what I really can do gets frustrating at times. I've gone back to my habit of napping with Ela when I can, and I'm always amazed by just how deeply I sleep in the middle of the day.
Thankfully, Ela's night sleep is getting better and better. I still usually have to go in and comfort her about once a night, but there are occasional times when just calling when she cries is enough to convince her to go back to bed. This is especially good since it's getting harder and harder to sleep comfortably with the bulky belly. I don't take very kindly to being forced out of bed when I've finally gotten comfortable.
So we're adjusting to a slightly slower pace for the next few months. I'm learning what I can do without over extending myself, and Ela's getting used to doing a little more for herself. I'm enjoying watching her gain a little indepence. She's going to be a good little helper before we know it!

No comments: