Thursday, June 30, 2011

Cherry Picking

On our last day in North Carolina, we took a trip up to an orchard and went cherry picking.    It was a lovely drive, and the view from the orchard was awesome.  The trees were covered with fruit.  They gave us buckets, pointed us in the right direction, and we got to work.  Ela had a partner to help her pick.

The brave folks climbed the ladders to get the fruit from higher up. 







Lily and I stayed firmly on the ground, though we did pick a few cherries from there.  Between us all, and not counting what we ate to keep our energy up while we were picking (yum!), we got four gallon-sized bags worth.  I have one in my freezer now, waiting for some attention from Zack, who promised to pit them if I would then make them into a cobbler.  I can't wait to see how it turns out!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: